Sunday 17 June 2012

Day 2 NYC

The first place my family and I went to visit was the Rockefeller Centre. It is massive. It has 70 floors. The ceiling and some of the walls have men printed on them. Nearly everything is gold and a few of the walls have crystals insdide them. The view from the top floor is amazing. You can see the whole of New York incuding the Statue of Liberty. The Statue of Liberty looks like a blue speck sitting on top of a grey rectangle but when you look through the binoculers they have up there you can see its not a blue speck sitting on top of a grey rectangle. After the Rockafeller Centre we went to Capezio which is a dance shop. They had a lot of pretty leotards and croptops that were zebra print. I got 2 mesh tops one plain blue and the other green with the Statue of Liberty on it. Then we went to Toy's R Us. It has a ferriswheel inside it, a life sized Barbie Doll house and a big moving T-Rex. We bought an Ipod touch case, a box of sticker scratchers [ its were you desinge you own stickers] and a Angry Bird game for Kobey [ my brother]. After that we went to Levi's to get jeans for dad but there were none he liked so we didn't get any. We also tried a giant pretzal. Mine had cinnimon on it and I was dipping it into icing. It tasted like a doughnut. Tonight we are going to see The Lion King on Broadway. I'm really looking forward to it. Tomorrow I start my dancing at Broadway Dance Center - Theatre, Tap and Ballet. Can't wait.
Collapse this post

2 comments:

Briony said...

Hey Xanthe, great to hear you are having a great time. Can't wait until you get home to show me all the pictures from your adventures! I miss you already!!!!

lorraine wilson said...

Hi Xanthe. Poppy and I can't wait for your postings here. We get up at dawn and race into the computer to see what you have done the previous day.....well, maybe not at dawn, but pretty early. I bet Kobey loves his Angry Bird shirt. It looks really cool. New York actually looks quite civilized. (I always thought it would be a little scarey and crazy.) It looks so good and a really cool place to visit. Sophie is loving all the attention and I will try to upload a photo of her later today or tomorrow. Well, I had better go now and report your progress to all my contacts. They are all interested in your progress. Now...a message to Kobey. Hey Kobey. What do you think of all this? It looks great. What is the best thing about New York? and what is the worst thing? I would love to get a real letter from you in New York. Do you think you could manage it? Anyway, bye for now. Have fun.
Oops! Hi Bec and Clint. Love you all...Cheers...Nanny and Poppy.