Monday 18 June 2012

NYC Day 3

I had my first day of dancing with BDC (Broadway Dance Centre) today. It was a lot of fun. I had musical theatre, tap and ballet. For musical theatre we did a salsa. Bob (a substitute teacher) said we have to move our hips but I don't have any. For tap we had another substitute teacher. It was really easy because it was a beginner class. They could only find a spot for me in the beginner class for today. He talked about the technique a lot which was good so I will stick with that class. For ballet I was in an intermediate class. That was easy to but I like the teacher (he is a boy) and I will be able to work on my technique. Last night I went to see The Lion King ( the musical). It was absolutely brilliant. There were sets rising up from the floor and the costumes were great. For Mufasa and Scar when they dipped there heads there head pieces (which were lion faces) would become a mask. Rafiki (baboon) spoke real African language and Zazu (Mufasa's royal adviser) was a bird puppeted by a man. The little boy who played Simba didn't have a very good voice and the man who played Simba when he was a older had a quiet voice. But other than that the show was great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sienna likes the dinosaur
Kayla likes the dinosaur wagging his tail.
Sophie likes seeing the whole thing
Roisin likes the Barbie house.
Carol likes the Wonka shop
Kath is so excited to see you all having so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey Xanthe,
Sounds like you are having so much fun! Your so lucky!!! I am glad you have decided to have a blog, I am so interested. I hope you have a GREAT time.

Love Jaymee